Code of Conduct of Planned Wishes
All staff, coaches, and consultants of Planned Wishes agree to:
- Always conduct themselves to the highest level of ethics, integrity, accountability, and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality, and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Respect the commercial confidentiality of Planned Wishes by not divulging business information to any third parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession in general and Planned Wishes in particular.
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients, professional colleagues and Planned Wishes.
- Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence, and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients, the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations of all parties.
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
- Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Respect the absolute rights of clients’ confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the clients’ needs.
- Avoid all conflicts of interests and give notice of such potential conflicts to Planned Wishes.
- Advise both Planned Wishes and the client on the risk of conflict if a relationship moves beyond a coach/client situation. (For example, a personal or business relationship.)
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice that you know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond your competence to assess.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- Share skills and experience with fellow members and associates of Planned Wishes to further increase the body of knowledge, skills, and competencies of such parties.
- Respect all copyrights, agreements, work, intellectual property, trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
- Use the tuition, definitions, and works provided by Planned Wishes as the basis for all coaching procedures, practices and objectives.
- The coaching of anyone under the age of 18 years is to be avoided.
- Contact Planned Wishes immediately if you find yourself in a situation which may create conflict, litigation or bad publicity.
- Comply with all laws and by-laws of Western Australia and, if coaching clients are based abroad, with the laws of the clients’ country.
- Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written, are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the Australian Advertising Standards Authority.
- This Code will be freely available to clients on the Planned Wishes website.
All staff, coaches, and consultants of Planned Wishes must agree to follow this Code of Conduct. Alleged breaches of this Code of Conduct will be fully investigated by Planned Wishes and, if proven, may lead to the expulsion of the guilty party and the withdrawal, without compensation, of all and any rights previously bestowed by virtue of that individual’s connection with Planned Wishes.
Updated: 02 December 2018